Effective date: October 25, 2017
Writers’ Connection is available to any user who agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing writers-connection.com or using any of its features. By accessing writers-connection.com or using any of its features, you agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions hereof. If you do not agree to be bound by any of such terms and conditions, you may not access writers-connection.com or use any of its features. Writers’ Connection reserves the right to change the terms and conditions hereof without prior notice at any time and any such change shall be effective immediately upon posting the changed Agreement on writers-connection.com. The effective date indicated at the top of this page will be updated to indicate that changes have been made.
Information We Collect About You
Information You Provide. We may obtain personal information about you when you visit this website, including your contact information (such as name, state of residence, email address, and phone number) and any other personal information that you voluntarily provide.
Third Party Web Analytics Services
We may use third party web analytics services on this website, such as Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons and similar technologies to help us analyze how visitors use this website, our emails and our online advertisements. The information collected through these means is disclosed to these service providers.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information you provide to us to:
- Respond to your inquiries
- Enter you in a contest
- Share with literary agents and publishers subscribing to our service
- Recommend the services related to publishing we believe may be of interest to you
- Operate, optimize and improve our products, services and operations (including developing new services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- We also may use the information in other ways we describe when you provide the information, or for any other purpose with your consent
Information We Share
We do not rent lists, or sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described below. We may share your personal information with:
- Our affiliated literary agents and publishers, as described above, which may contact you directly to offer their products or services that may be of interest to you
- Our contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and to fulfill services requested by you, including, without limitation, credit card processing companies, marketing services providers and consultants, public relations firms and printers
- To other third parties with your express consent
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process
- To respond to law enforcement authorities or other government officials
- To enforce our agreements with you, including for billing and collection purposes
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We take reasonable steps to help protect and secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, please remember that no data storage or data transmission over the Internet, or by other means, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Thus, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Therefore, you understand, acknowledge and agree that you transmit your personal information to this website at your own risk.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You should never submit to us payment or tax information via email. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Limitation of Liabilities
You hereby agree that the use of writers-connection.com and its features is at your own risk.
You further agree that, to the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, Writers’ Connection shall not be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect, punitive, or consequential damages or for lost profits, business, or revenues, arising out of, or in connection with, the use of writers-connection.com or its features (or the inability to use the same), including any claim attributable to errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in the content appearing in writers-connection.com, whether suffered by you or any party claiming rights derived from you.
We reserve the right to terminate accounts and account access to this website for any reason, without obligation to remove associated user generated content. You acknowledge and agree that we may preserve or remove any content generated by you and posted on our website.
Links To Other Websites
This website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest your review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for those websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
Notice To Non-US Users
9473 GRAY COURT
WESTMINSTER, CO 80031 (USA)